May 1st – St. Anthony Main Decks and Patios open
- Weather permitting, the decks of Vic’s and Tuggs Tavern and the patios of Pracna and the Aster Café will be open for lunch, dinner, and cocktails through the spring, summer and fall months. Come and enjoy the outdoors and the views of the river and Minneapolis skyline day and night. www.saintanthonymain.com
May 20th – Ard Godfrey House Dandelion Days
- The annual Celebration features face painting, dandelion necklaces, tours of the historic house, and recipes for dandelion salad and tea. The Ard Godfrey House is the oldest wood-frame house existing in Minneapolis. This Greek Revival style home was built by millwright Ard Godfrey in 1848, near the corner of Main Street and Second Avenue SE.
- The house was moved several times before arriving in Chute Square park in 1909. Ard Godfrey helped build the first dam and sawmill which put the waterfall of St. Anthony to use in 1848 He was also the first Postmaster on the Village of St. Anthony.
- His wife is credited with bringing Dandelion to Minnesota, as she did import Dandelion seeds from Maine which would be useful in her recipes for such things as Dandelion Bread and Dandelion Tea.
- Located at 28 University Avenue SE, Richard Chute Square, University and Central Avenues SE Minneapolis, Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday in June, July and August Noon-3:00 p.m. Admission Free, Donations Welcome Call 612-813-5319 for more information and directions.
Early Spring – New Park on Father Hennepin Island
- As part of Xcel energy’s St. Anthony Falls Recreation Project, this new park will have its public opening spring of 2020.
- June 1st thru Aug. 26th – St. Anthony Main Free Outdoor Concerts
- The 2006 Free outdoor summer music series bought to you by Miller Lite will be celebrating its 26th year. The concerts are held in the courtyard between Tuggs Tavern and Vic’s Restaurant. St. Anthony Main presents some of the best talents in the metropolitan area. Every Fri. and Sat. from 7:30 pm till 10:30 pm and on Sun. from 5:00 pm till 8:00 pm.
June 16th – 17th – Stone Arch Festival of the Arts
Located on Historic Main Street, in front of St Anthony Main, Riverplace and Pillsbury A Mill. More Than 250 Artist Booths by Professional Artists Selling a variety of quality products for all tastes & budgets. Star Tribune, City Pages and St. Anthony Main free performance stages showcasing dance, theater and music performances throughout the weekend. The Art Institutes International Minnesota presents the Culinary Arts Quarter with free cooking demonstrations, Q & A’s and samples prepared by top local chefs and Ai students. Also the “Art of the Classic Car” display with more than 150 awesomely artistic cars.
July 4th – MRD Family 4th and Fireworks Display
- The Minneapolis Riverfront District 4th of July Celebration begins at 3:00 pm with live music on Main Street and a Fireworks Display at 10:00 pm.
Sept. 2007 – Minneapolis’s own Oktoberfest
- The old country meets the new at Oktoberfest on the Minneapolis Riverfront, along the river at St. Anthony Main. Feast on authentic German. Sample a variety of German & Bavarian imported beers and wines in the Biergarten. Music and dancing from noon to 9 pm.
- Admission and music are free for all ages. A variety of authentic food, beverages, and crafts will be available for purchase. A portion of proceeds from the event will be donated to the St. Paul Jaycees.
- Come visit St. Anthony Main as you take a summer stroll around the riverfront and along historic Main street. Discover all the historic sites and various attractions the Minneapolis Riverfront District has to offer.
- The Northeast Area with it’s new Lund’s Supermarket, Icons such as Nyes Polonaises, Surdyks and our newest neighbor at Riverplace, Picosa Restaurant, the first Nuevo Restaurant in Downtown Minneapolis.
After your exploring enjoys one of the four restaurants located at St. Anthony Main.